I'm a 24 year old wildlife cameraman/assistant based on the West Coast of Scotland. My goal is to find and film engaging, exciting and educational wildlife stories to help promote the protection of our beautiful natural world. I'm a huge advocate for re-wilding within the UK and protecting wildlife worldwide and strive to help conservation efforts through my films.
I found my way into filming and photography through work as a research assistant on expeditions to the deep Amazon rainforest as well as working on several expeditions in Sub-Saharan Africa. Here I found my love for documenting the natural world. I'm currently working on documentaries for both Channel 5 and the BBC NHU.
Behind the camera my skills include:
- Competent cinema camera operator, including long lens filming, currently work with both REDs, ZCam & Blackmagic cameras (have own kit see more here)
- 4k DSLR/mirrorless video camera trapping having spent the last several years educating myself on the best techniques to set up successful camera traps. Built low cost homemade underwater camera trap/remote triggering system.
- Long lens filming experienced in hide work and have a strong understanding of field craft, most recently having spent time filming elusive Pine Martens & Otters on the West coast of Scotland
- PfCO commercial qualified for Drone flying with the CAA with 30+ commerical flying hours & 50+ hobbyist hours
- 4k 3-axis timelapse/motionlapse/hyperlapse techniques including seasonal timelapses using GPS locations, drone hyperlapses and macro timelapses inside a studio environment
- Underwater filming experience with advanced level diving qualification and own 4k underwater filming kit
- Competent Ronin operator having spent 2 years intensively using the Ronin-S & the Ronin Mx
Please feel free to contact me at or simply use the contact form here, I'm always keen to discuss new project ideas and happy to meet for a coffee and chat!