I'm a 25 year old wildlife cameraman based between Bristol and the West Coast of Scotland. My goal is to find and film engaging, exciting and educational wildlife stories to help promote the protection of our beautiful natural world. I'm a huge advocate for re-wilding within the UK and protecting wildlife worldwide and strive to help conservation efforts and educate people on the importance of the natural world through my films.
I found my way into filming and photography through work as a research assistant on expeditions to the deep Amazon rainforest as well as working on several expeditions in Sub-Saharan Africa. Here I found my love for documenting the natural world. I've worked on productions for BBC NHU, Channel 5, Apple & Netflix, most recently through 2021 I worked on several shoots on Prehistoric Planet a ground breaking new series for Apple TV+.
Currently I am working as an in house Junior Camera Operator for the BBC on a forthcoming exciting blue-chip series.
Behind the camera my skills include:
- Competent cinema camera operator, including long lens filming (CN20 & 60-600), currently work with many camera brands including RED (Monstro, Helium, Gemini) , ZCam, Sony & Blackmagic cameras (also have own kit see more here)
- Fully trained GSS technician
- 4k DSLR/mirrorless video camera trapping having spent the last several years educating myself on the best techniques to set up successful camera traps. Built low cost homemade underwater camera trap/remote triggering system.
- Long lens filming experienced in hide work and have a strong understanding of field craft, most recently having spent time filming Short Eared Owls on remote Scottish Islands for the BBC NHU
- PfCO commercial qualified for Drone flying with the CAA with 70+ commerical flying hours & 50+ hobbyist hours flying drones such as Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 3 Pro & Inspire 2
- 4k 4-axis timelapse/motionlapse/hyperlapse techniques including seasonal timelapses using GPS locations, drone hyperlapses and macro timelapses inside a studio environment. Competent in Kessler, Edelkrone, Syrp & many other motion control systems.
- Underwater filming experience with advanced level diving qualification and own 4k underwater filming kit
- Competent Ronin operator having spent several years operating gimbals, Ronin RS2, Ronin Mx, Ronin S